From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Mike & Barbara
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:00 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] using drop box

Hi Kimsan

Getting started with Dropbox
Welcome to Dropbox!

Unlike other programs, Dropbox doesn't have a complicated interface to
learn. It's built right into your desktop!  Here's how to get started:

Step 1:  Drag and drop any file or folder into your Dropbox folder.

Step 2:  Once your file/folder is inside your Dropbox folder, the program
immediately starts syncing it to our secure servers.  Once this has
finished, the file's icon is marked with a green check.  Your file is now
safely backed up online and also accessible from the Dropbox website.
(http://www.getdropbox.com)

Step 3:  Install Dropbox (http://www.getdropbox.com/install) on other
computers you use, and they'll also receive a copy of the files you've put
in your Dropbox.

That's it!    Now that Dropbox is watching your file, any changes you make
will sync up instantly and automatically.  This gives you the freedom to
work on any computer you choose. For more help adding files to Dropbox, see
here: https://www.getdropbox.com/help/90

Happy Dropboxing!
- The Dropbox Team

Using the Public folder.
The Public Folder lets you easily share single files in your Dropbox.  Any
file in you put in this folder gets its own Internet link so that you can
share it with others-- even non-Dropbox users!  These links work even if
your computer's turned off.

Step 1:  Drop a file into the Public folder.

Step 2:  Right-click/control-click this file, then choose Dropbox > Copy
Public Link. This copies the Internet link to your file so that you can
paste it somewhere else.

That's it!  You can now share this file with others: just paste the link you

into e-mails, instant message conversations, blogs, etc.!

If you'd like more help with sharing files, head here:
http://www.getdropbox.com/help/16

Happy Dropboxing!
- The Dropbox Team

Note: You can only link to actual files within your Public Folder, not to
folders.
Hope this helps.  Take care.