Hi, Charles.  Totally agree.  How many times have we followed multiple Google links, only to find that they weren't what we were looking for.  Frankly, that's truly a waste of time.--Matthew Chao

On 11/10/2023 9:47 AM, Charles Rivard wrote:

Marta’s message was, in my opinion, offensive.  Employment status has nothing to do with it. We’re not asking for a huge and complete list of links.  It might be a bit overwhelming to some people when they find 6,875 results, most of which aren’t what you’re looking for. Also, answering a question with the results asked for is not spoon feeding.  It is directly helping.  Merely telling someone to Google it is the lazy way.  If you’re too busy to provide a link, skip it rather than sending an insult.  If you’re too buty to answer, you’re too busy.  Manage your time better.

When you think you’re finished, You! Are! Finished!

*From: *Tyler Wood <mailto:tcwoo...@gmail.com>
*Sent: *Friday, November 10, 2023 1:29 AM
*To: *blind-gamers@groups.io
*Subject: *Re: [blind-gamers] games that are on xbox and pc can people please give links?

Ironic - a message containing 2 words that does absolutely nothing to help anyone in this thread or anyone reading it, but yet we’re complaining about cluttering up the list asking for links.

I agree that research could be done. Far too many people just want the direct link to something. I feel like internet searches should be the basic thing people learn when they browse the internet  so they can answer their own question. On the other side of that, people here are probably used to obscure websites and don’t realize that this is not the same as an audio game. You don’t have to know the exact link. Still, though, really, I think doing a quick search before asking this question would net you the result you seek.

On the other side of that coin, I don’t think pointing fingers at someone’s employment status or lack thereof was at all necessary or respectful in any way as it applies to doing a search, laziness, or any of that nonsense. The fact that it was a long drawn out message complaining about how you work when grabbing the link would have taken less time, lol. The irony is real on both sides here and I hope I’m not the only one who sees this for what it is.

Yes, use your search engine of choice. If asked for the link, a polite hey, do an  internet (google, duckduckgo, privacy centric as it may or may not be,  search. It’ll show up is all that’s needed.

My first, last, and only message on this subject. TLDR – we are all humans behind keyboards and all have difficult days sometimes. No worries, let the games guide you and enjoy them for what they are.