Tom found the nest the hard way this past
Saturday, but since we had been gone for the week
before that, we aren't sure how long the nest has
been there.  Tom watched the wasps flying into the
nest yesterday afternoon and said there was one
flying in about every two seconds.  He is guessing
at a few dozen, but there could be more than one
nest.  I say there are way too damn many of them.
Does that help you on the count?  I could hear
them this morning while standing about 10 feet
from where we think the hole is.  It was just a
constant hum.  As I was standing there listening,
a hummingbird fly right past my head and scared
the crap out of me.  Who's jumpy?  Will any kind
of detergent work, or do they dislike a certain
brand more than others?

You want a laugh?  I just happen to be listening
to the book "The Secret Life of Bees" right now.
Go figure!

Thanks for the info.
Boop

How long have the bees been there?  Are we talking
dozens of bees or
hundreds?  Whatever measure you take, do it around
midnight and not during
the day.  You indicate that these bees are in the
ground.  Put detergent
into boiling water and pour that on the hole.

Release Date: 8/18/2006

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: