Hi Guys,

I got allot more done on this project the last few days. I installed the
front gas tank bracket/strap along with the rear one. I did get all of the
clips for the brake lines and fuel lines installed. I put in the quarter
inch brake line  ,electrical, and back up wires  along the main rail back to
the rear cross member.  I also installed the fuel filter and bracket. I
forgot to get the new o rings So i picked them up the next day.
I was able to get some rubber strap from a excavator  at Caterpillar for the
gas tank.
I was able to get the gas tank in. I then took off  the towels i wrapped
around the exhaust for paint purposes. The pick up fired up with no
problems.  Grin. The bushings for the traction bars were challenging. I
mentioned that i had to order GM one ton polyurethane spring bushings and
cut them to size, to fit the traction bars. I had to pick up a large bolt
that the bushing would fit around  tightly. I then put a little electrical
tape on the bushing as a marking in which I had to cut it. then i put the
bolt in a vice grip. Next i had to rotate the bushing as i cut the bushing
with a hex saw. Once all bushings were cut i touched them up with the
grinder to the precise size. I then took the bolt and put a large thick
washer on each side. I then tightened the nut on the bolt to squeeze the
bushings into the traction bars. I've installed both springs, shackles,
along with the front traction bar mounts, and the emergency brake bracket
under the drivers door. I've also put the new boots on the painted shocks.
I've only got to install the 3 16th inch brake line along the axle before
installing it. At this point i will install the traction bars, drive shaft,
shocks, and connect the 2 brake lines together.
Then i can tackle the underneath of the bed, get it painted and back
together.

Things are going smooth as of now, I'll keep posting.

Take care Yawl,

Roger C Bachelder 3rd