From: Roger Bachelder
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 3:21 PM
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Speaker wiring

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to configure what seems to be a simple task.
I've been working on the entertainment center the last few weeks. February
17 is coming up really quick, And Daytona is screaming race day scanner. So
here goes. I have my computer in a different room in which the entertainment
center is in. I would like to customize the wiring. When sitting in the
room, i want to make the rear speakers able to receive signals from two
different sources, but one at a time. Example, I would like to run a speaker
wire from my computer to the rear of the room. Then i would do the same and
run speaker wires from the receivers, rear right and left surround sound
speakers. to the same point in the rear of the room. Now i would like to buy
some kind of adapter / converter in which i can switch from source to
source. Two sources controlled by a simple switch . I figure that i can put
Daytona on through the receiver to the Bose 901 speakers. I would then
switch the receiver to 2 channel. Now i would switch the adapter from TV to
Computer and now the rear speakers would get NASCAR Race day scanner.
Can someone tell me What some thing like this would be called and where i
could pick one of these nifty little gadgets up ?

Thank you,
Take care yawl.

Roger C Bachelder 3rd