From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Victor Gouveia
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:37 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Speaker wiring

I believe what is needed here is a wireless set of speakers, that you can
connect to the computer, while having the receiver tuned to the other
source.

If you can find a wireless set of speakers, then you should be fine, and
will be able to listen to the two different sounds at the same time.

Alternatively, you can also purchase an FM transmitter, have one source
coming from one stereo, while the receiver broadcasts it's own source.

Obviously, the FM transmitter would be connected to the computer, and your
secondary stereo would be set to what ever FM channel you set on the
transmitter.

Would that work for you?

I know that Rad Shack sells both the FM transmitter, and the wireless
speaker systems, but I'm just not sure how much power you are looking at
getting from this entire set up.

I guess, depending on what kind of stereo you have sourcing the FM
transmissions from the computer, you may be able to get the sound to a
respectable level, while the receiver is broadcasting at the same time, it
just depends on how much you're willing to spend, and how often you plan on
listening to two sources at the same time.

We have actually discussed this sort of thing on a Blind Movie Buffs list I
help to run.

The discussion centered around a list member who wanted to watch the
described movies, which were solely audio files in MP3 or OGG format, while
his sighted family was watching the movie with video.

A great many of the members suggested the member listen to the movie at the
same time as his family was watching it on an MP3 player, that way they
could be listening to the movie with the video, while coinciding with the
sound of the described movie coming through the member's MP3 player.

Another suggestion was to place a CD with the MP3 file into an MP3 capable
stereo sourcing the same audio of the movie, while muting the sound source
from the video movie, that way all would here the entire thing at once.

Like I said, there are many ways of doing this, but I think the FM
transmitter, and/or the wireless speaker system coming from the computer are

your best bet.

Victor