Scott,

Thank you so very much for your original post describing your ceiling fan
project.  I will be sending it off to my wife to show her that I am not
alone in project issues.

Your description matches my experiences word for word.  Starting a project
thinking it can't be that difficult.  Purchasing tools that seem like they
will be a huge help only to find that they solve some problem you don't
have.  Finding out that your house is built differently than you expected.
Halving tools attack you.  Ending up having to do more damage than
expected to finish the project.
Creating a big mess.  And in the end, it is all done properly, not some
ugly half-assed fix, it looks great and the wife is happy.

You and I apparently went to the same school for project planning and
management.  *GRIN*

Thanks very very much for this description.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi