Hi Dale,

If you pay your taxes, then you most certainly have a right to how you get
your mail delivered.

When you live in a particular county, you are essentially telling the county
that you agree to abide by their rules and policies.

In addition, by you paying your property taxes, you are giving them silent
consent to make any rules you wish them to make at town hall meetings and
the like.

I'll bet if you were to ask those 100000 people if they enjoyed having to
trek out in a snow storm to collect their mail from the post office, I'll
bet the majority of them would say no.

Your taxes, be they provincial, municipal and federal taxes pay for post
services.  The stamps you pay for, the delivery charges, all of that amounts
to paying someone to do something for you.

Would you be happy to go pick up your dinner from a pizza parlour if you
were paying them to deliver it?

I'm sorry, but living in this country, you have certain rights, and those
rights include managing your mail.

If the government is going to take responsibility for mail delivery, then
they should be responsible for how they get it to you, especially when
you're paying for it.  Oh, and none of the bull about us having it cheap for
mail delivery, have you seen how much postal workers make and the benefits
they get?

Happy about it indeed.

Victor