  From: Edward Przybylek
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 3:11 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] electric motor question

    Hi all,

  I've been following this thread with much interest because we just purchased
  a new treadmill. The unit has a 3.5 horsepower motor, is capable of a 12%
  incline and has a top speed of 10 MPH. This discussion thread has concerned
  itself with motors 2.5 HP and lower and whether there needs to be a concern
  about breaker ratings. Given that this unit has a motor with 3.5 HP, are
  there concerns I should be addressing? We use the treadmill for power
  walking and I'm quite sure it will never see speeds much over 5 or 6 MPH.
  We've had the incline up to 8 percent and I'm sure we'll have it up to the
  12% maximum before too long. We haven't popped a breaker yet but I just
  want to be sure that there isn't something I should be doing just as a
  precaution. Thanks.

  Take care,

  Ed Przybylek