From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Tom Hodges
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:41 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] talking tape measure

Those talking tapes drive me nuts.

I do know that if you turn it off when the tape is not fully retracted, it
thinks that it is at the zero position. For example, if the tape is pulled
out to 8 inches and you turn it on it will think it is at zero inches. Then
if you pull it out 4 nore inches to the 12 inch position, it will think it
is at four inches.

The answer to this problem, of course, is to make sure the tape is retracted
all the way efore you turn it on.

What also drives me crazy is how often it turns itself off. When measuring,
if you don't fast, it will turn off and you have to start over.

Tom