From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Tom Vos
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:19 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Another measuring device

If the bolt stays threaded into the nut, it stays in place.
There is space for the flat side of the dowel to move past the nut When the
bolt is loose,
but the bolt is still in the nut, allowing the dowel to slide.
When the bolt is finger tight, it is against the flat side of the dowel,
holding it firmly in place.
This device allows for infinitely small adjustments, and is not limited to
clicks or stops.
It is faster than spinning a nut down a threaded rod.
And it took me less than an hour to make.
Blessings,
Tom