From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of wstep...@everestkc.net
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:35 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Another measuring device

Tom: I think I understand the theory behind what you've done here, but I'm a
little confused about cutting the dowel. If I understand how this looks,
there have to be two right-angle cuts, near the ends of the dowel, is that
right? Or, how were you able to cut this dowel with a table saw without
cutting all the way and then flattening the ends as well as the middle part
of the dowl. Also, you said you clamped both ends. I have a cheap table saw,
and if I were to clamp a piece of wood to the table, I wouldn't be able to
slide it the way I think you'd need to do to get a flattened dowel. Did you
do this say, by lowering the table over the blade? Thanks for any
illumination.

Bill Stephan
Kansas Citty MO
Email: wstep...@everestkc.net <mailto:wstephan%40everestkc.net>