Here you go, with a couple additions.
There may be something like this on the market, but I like to make my own
when I can.
I took a piece of half inch pvc, and a half inch dowel that will fit
inside..  The dowel is about an inch longer than the pvc.
You will want a dowel that fits inside the pvc without too much wobble, but
it also has to slide freely.
I cut about half of one side of the dowel -- off the long side, not the
ends,
except for about an inch on each end.
I put clamps on each end of the  dowel to hold it firm without getting my
fingers too close to the table saw blade.  You could also drill holes in
matching blocks, insert the dowel with a wedge or screw to hold it firmly,.
Then I ran it sideways across the table saw blade, till I had a flat surface
for most of the length of the dowel.
So I had a dowel full round for one inch on each end, and about half a dowel
between, for most of the length.
Then I drilled a hold near the end of the pvc, and put a small bolt through
the hole, and threaded it into a nut inside the pvc,
The nut fits on the flat side of the dowel, allowing it to slide in and out.
The full round of the dowel on each end keeps the dowel from falling out, or
going too far in.
Now the dowel can slide in and out, but when I tighten the bolt to finger
tightness, it holds the dowel in position.  I can use this for measuring a
distance and transferring that measurement to my table saw, or wherever  I
need it.
I put a one inch piece of pvc on the one inch end of the dowel that sticks
out, just for balance and looks
Now you are not limited to any set distance, and have an infinite variation
in measurements.
This works very well for inside as well as outside measurements.
I plan to make a couple more of different sizes.

Blessings,

Tom