  From: Howard Traxler
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:49 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Toilet Mounting

  Hi all,
  In my powder room I had a toilet that seemed pretty loose from the floor--but
didn't leak or nothin'. It would just slide around and rock a bit. I went in
there with an adjustable wrench and tightened it up some. There are two bolts
that seem to come up through the floor; one on each side of the main drain
pipe. It seemed to become more stable, but actually tilted back as I tightened.
Now the front edge is a quarter inch or so off the floor. It thumps down to the
floor as someone sits with their weight tward the front. So, I guess it still
rocks a bit.

  So: What's the problem and how can I fix it? Do I want a shim under the
front? Do I want to tighten more? Or did I already tighten too much? Appreciate
any ideas. Thanks.
  Howard Traxler