Thank you, Ron.

There is some dampness, but not water.

Part of the basement has a concrete floor, and it is dry.

From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ron Yearns
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:34 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Putting in a basement floor

Does this dirt floor stay dry? Is it possible to get twelve foot two bys
into this space down the steps? If it is dry and you can get the lumber down
there without cutting it nto four foot pieces wood could be a viable choice.
Two things I would lay dowm plastic on the dirt to trap moisture below the
surface. I would also use below grade treated lumber. Lowes or Home Depot
does not stock it but can order it special. I would use below grade for the
two bys and regular treated for the plywood. If this place ever gets wet you
best dig a sump hole for a pump before you do the other work. Hopefully you
have headroom for this project.
Ron