Note: this was pointed out to me by mkwst@ ...
The scenario is that a web site publishes a script-src policy (without
otherwise mentioning webassembly), not expecting it to enable any wasm
execution. Extending the coverage of script-src would extend the footprint
of files accessible from that developer's domain.
Note: in discussion between mkwst@ and ann...@mozilla.com, they agreed that
this is not necessarily a serious extension. I am not personally sure of
the conclusion they reached.

In the end, there was consensus multiple levels that it would (a) not be a
good idea to  extend script-src and (b) to have a new policy source
tailored for WebAssembly. Tentatively called 'wasm-src'. One potential
feature of this could be that it would not support any white listing of
domains; i.e., only use nonces (hashes don't seem to be a good fit because
wasm files can be extremely large).

However, any new wasm-src policy effort will take significant time to
develop and this proposal should not be gated on that.

I hope that this helps.

Francis