Confirming: there is no current plan to modify how extensions would work.
I was alluding to semi-solid thoughts on how a possible wasm-src policy
would work. But, in any case, wasm-unsafe-eval would continue even without
any new wasm-src.

Also, currently, extensions (and only extensions and chrome apps), can use
the 'wasm-eval' policy source keyword. There was a lot of discussion about
using wasm-eval for normal web pages but the community eventually decided
against doing that.

wasm-eval will continue to work for extensions. But, IMO, that sets up a
problem for the future. Chrome extensions will be able to use wasm-eval;
but noone else will (they will have to use wasm-unsafe-eval, or, in the
future, a wasm-src policy). I can see there being some pressure to
normalize this down the road.