Maybe it's wrong to call it "removal" too, since it will still be available for those sites that use site-keyed clusters. It's just making site-keyed clusters opt-in instead of opt-out. It's not going away, but it will require an extra step to use.

/Daniel

On 2022-01-21 21:22, Yoav Weiss wrote:
LGTM1 to deprecate under the following conditions:

  * As discussed, a 6 months deprecation period, as well as
    broad-scope and targeted outreach, that would hopefully bring
    usage down.
  * A well-crafted deprecation message that indicates the timeline,
    and at the same time indicates that we'll be responsive to
    community feedback (or a link to a blog post/documentation page
    that indicates the same)
  * Sending a separate intent for the actual removal at the end of the
    deprecation period, once the picture is a bit clearer.