Sure! Hopefully this explanation helps clarify that relationship:

1) Fullscreen companion window allows a frame with window-placement
permission to request fullscreen on one screen, and open a popup window on
another screen, from a single transient user activation.
This enables a single click to initiate a fairly compelling multi-screen
content experience. We loosely envision someday launching additional
enhancements
<https://github.com/w3c/window-placement/blob/main/EXPLAINER_initiating_multi_screen_experiences.md#:~:text=An%20eventual%20end%2Dgoal>
.

2) Fullscreen capability delegation allows a frame to relinquish its
transient user activation, in order to permit another frame (e.g. child,
opener, opened popup, sibling) to request fullscreen.
This adds some value for single-screen devices, but even more on
multi-screen devices, where a companion window could offer controls for the
fullscreen window.

I should note
<https://github.com/w3c/window-placement/issues/5#issuecomment-954998927> that
calling Element.requestFullscreen({screen:targetScreen}) can be used to
move already-fullscreen content to another screen, and that requires
transient user activation.
So, used together, capability delegation allows a gesture on a companion
window to "swap" the displays used for fullscreen and companion windows.