+1 to improving the tool to handle OOO owners.

Let's step back. The problem I'm solving now is: currently OWNERS files
contain many long-time inactive, non-OOO owners. The goal is to remove
them. Do you agree with the goal?

The "long-time inactive" part is covered by looking into their review /
commit activities in the past 6 months.

The "non-OOO" part is tricky because currently there is no way to get the
information from the tool. I'm not sure if giving an option to manually
flip the decision is a great solution because if they are long-time OOO,
they are not likely to be looking at this email and get removed anyway.
Then I thought that it's more reasonable to execute the clean-up process
unconditionally while explicitly saying that they can explain the situation
and re-add themselves when they are back (where they can refer to this
email thread).

What do you think?

--
Kentaro Hara, Tokyo