*(Hmm, looks like something went wrong with posting my previous message
through the web UI. For clarity, I’m re-sending the relevant part.)*

If they want, authors can work around this mistake by also testing for a
feature that ships in any release after M110. A good candidate would be
cos(), which ships in M111: `@supports selector(&) and (scale: cos(90deg))
{ … }`. That way M109 and M110 are excluded. Admittedly, this is a very
nasty workaround.

OTOH: Will authors actually need to feature detect this? I mean, feature
detection won’t make a difference to visitors as it will have the same net
outcome to them: the nested styles will not be applied in browsers that
don’t support nesting. Only difference is that the parser might need to
parse a bunch of extra things instead of being able to discard entire
blocks upfront.

B!