In that discussion Marcos Cáceres asked for a synchronous way to detect if
format conversion is supported.
We have a synchronous call allocationSize()
<https://www.w3.org/TR/webcodecs/#dom-videoframe-allocationsize> that
throws an unsupported error in cases where format conversion is not
supported.
I added a WPT test around it in a recent CL
<https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/5530313>.

canCopyTo() might be needed if we have more settings in
VideoFrameCopyToOptions
<https://www.w3.org/TR/webcodecs/#dictdef-videoframecopytooptions> and
might want to know which part exactly is causing an error.

--
Thanks,
Eugene Zemtsov.