On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 12:02 PM Tom Evslin via Starlink
<starl...@lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> What’s missing in this math is how much cheaper (and better) the installation
> is if you displace or hang from the existing copper usually in great position
> below the electricity and almost no makeready in this case. Problem is
> getting rid of the almost but not quite unused copper plus ownership
> problems. I was on an FCC TAC which tried to plan for this 14 years ago but
> came to nothing.

What was the name of that?

I have been trying to find a great talk by Henning Shulzerinne about
the copper plant, that I think took place at IETF in the 2013? 2015?
timeframe that so far I have had no luck in finding. Maybe I am
remembering the wrong conference...

Btw Henning is my nominee for the 5th FCC commissioner, if only we had
a vote: see: https://twitter.com/mtaht/status/1640480264760741889

It really bothers me that STILL both the CTO for the USA and the CTO
of the FCC, are only "acting".

> Also could be burying fiber and electric with road repaving which is way
> over-funded to increase reliability and decrease ongoing maintenance costs.

AMA March 31: https://www.broadband.io/c/broadband-grant-events/dave-taht
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC