Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:51:33 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Kevin Jay (Mr.Fabulous)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: <misc> oil in coolant, no coolant in oil

This works?  http://www.barsproducts.com/1100.htm

- k

--- original message ---

From: bbarry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Bars Leaks:
     'Jack was suffering the mystery coolant leak, then medium cool
running probs and dense smelly steam out the tailpipe when restarting
after a few minutes sitting after the engine was fully warm, and what
looked like oil residues in the coolant.
     Someone on the list suggested Bars Leaks.  I used the head gasket
sealer and sure enough, the mystery leaks and smells went away.  Its
been a few thousand miles and the coolant problems have not returned.
Give the coolant a good flushing out so its only water in the system
before pouring in the bottle.  Pour it in the upper radiator hose.
The difference in cost between a head gasket job and a bottle of this
not so snake oil makes it worth a try first.

It has worked so far,.  My latest dyno testing was after I used it so I
doubt there's any current head crack or gasket leak.  If it fails in the
future I might have to do the head gasket, for now its been a few
thousand miles and is still running good and stable.
Barry