Hi Paolo,

Am 08.01.22 um 13:33 schrieb Paolo Vecchi:
Hi Andreas,

On 08/01/2022 12:44, Andreas Mantke wrote:
(...)
I'm for some reasons currently not a member of TDF's bodies anymore. I'm
not involved in any tasks here anymore. I use my available spare time
for volunteer work in other environments yet.

As you are investing your time to send us your opinion may as well be
a member so that you could participate by expressing your vote and
improve things if you don't like what you see.
I worked over 16 years for TDF/LibreOffice and its ancestor. I did a lot
of work in different areas of the OSS project during my spare time. But
if you do unpaid volunteer work you need some honest appreciation for
that. And I missed that, at least during the last period working for the
project. Thus I decided to make the necessary cut.

True that we all have limited amount of time to dedicate to the many
projects that we would like to support, I have chosen to dedicate my
time to TDF and the LibreOffice community as I believe, among other
reasons, it's one of the projects that needs to be strong and present
to reduce the dependence most have on monopolistic platforms.
But if I look at the situation around LOOL/COOL I got the impression
that it moves into a dominant market position of one player. Thus an
organization/corporation etc. will investigate if there are enough pros
to change over from one vendor (with lock in) to another vendor (with
also a dominant market position).

We are getting there but we need everyone's help including you.

Currently my spare time is completely used. I committed myself to a new
volunteer mission. And it is exiting to drive things forward in that
area. (my day has only 24 hours too ;-))

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate