Hi *,

Paolo Vecchi wrote:
> That should be added in the "## De-atticization requirements. The form could
> be along the line of:
>
> - If the parties involved in the development of the project are commercial
> entities an agreement must be signed to make clear the final scope, the
> benefits to the community and the eventual limitations in publishing it
> following TDF's objectives.

It is notoriously hard to separate commercial from non-commercial
activities. I believe putting up more barriers to entry for people
wanting to contribute to TDF projects is not smart. But lets hear
others' opinion on that on Friday.

> "This agreement, to be drafted by our legal team in collaboration with TDF's
> counsel, should be added to the proposal before voting as it should be part
> of the on-boarding process for projects we intend to support."
>
> That is the same agreement we should prepare, and eventually adapt, for
> "atticisided", current and new projects hosted by TDF.

Instead, the board can always decide on a case-by-case basis that more
formalities are needed.

Putting this burden on everyone **up-front** and **by default** (with
the added twist that people need to prove their contribution is not
commercial), I believe is a terrible idea. TDF would be well-advised
to have fewer, not more, hurdles for code contribution.

Let's discuss on Friday, all the best,

-- Thorsten