Hi Andreas,

On 06/07/2022 20:08, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hi all,

Am 04.07.22 um 03:11 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
Dear community,

the following vote happened after our Monday board call, on request as
a private email vote:

The board sees positive & constructive news around renewed
developer interest in LibreOffice Online. To further encourage
initiatives to collaborate on a single, TDF-hosted repository, the
board resolves to postpone formally atticizing Online for three
more months. Unless the de-atticization requirements [1] (3
different developers contributing non-trivially) are fulfilled by
then, and/or if necessary binding corporate commitments are not
made by 2022-10-01, Online will be automatically moved to the
attic.

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Policies/Attic#Deatticization_requirements

it is very interesting to read this criteria and compare it with the git
log of COOL. It seemed even this Github repo (project) didn't  attract
the number of volunteers, which are requested in the decision proposal.

It's odd you say that as IIRC Mr Meeks said that since they move the project to Microsoft GitHub they had more contributors.

Are you by any chance able to substantiate your statement?

It seemed there is a big interest to set high barriers in that area and
to block initiative.

Even the number of voters in favour of that decision are fewer than those required to pass the barrier ;-)

As stated in my answer to the "decision", it just needs to be re-run with a text that would allow the community a chance to do something.

Are you anyway continuing to prepare a version of LOOL that could be presented a candidate to start creating a community around it?

And what I've learned within the communication during the last week(s).
There is no open communication and part of the game is to lead you by
the nose.

Could you elaborate on that?

I'm not sure I fully grasp the meaning of the above sentences.

And as we are saying in Germany: Der Fisch stinkt vom Kopfe her.

That's the same saying we use in Italy but it's not clear what you mean with it or to what/whom you are referring to.

Regards,
Andreas
Ciao

Paolo

--
## Free Software Advocate
## Plone add-on developer

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors