Hi Steffen,

On 16/10/17 16:46, Steffen Möller wrote:

And he also builds the complete packages together with the server side
components afterwards that go to the experimental section of Debian -
see the boinc-server-maker package
https://packages.qa.debian.org/b/boinc/news/20171005T094923Z.html.  It
would help a lot if the server bits in master are always be at a stage
that it could be released.
Thanks, I was already aware of the server in the experimental section and completely agree that master should always be 'deployable'. Recently I built a server package for CentOS7 and asked for some feedback on this very list. There was none. At the BOINC workshop in Paris this was discussed and the consensus was to try using Docker for the server releases. The approach was stimulated by this presentation from Marius. We at LHC@home plan to investigate this for our project at some point in the future.

https://indico.cern.ch/event/648533/contributions/2710464/attachments/1519821/2373725/boincserverdocker.pdf
In my mind this goes as far as that for automated testing we could have
dummy project set up in an automated fashion and do few workunits on those.

It seems from the presentation that we are not that far from this goal.

Cheers,

Laurence