I don't know anything about EveryBuddy, but for a cross-service IM client,
Fire.app is okay -- and it's GPL too! It's just not as cute as iChat
though... :) Also, if you've got Fink/OroborOSX, Gaim is an option -- I
seem to recall that can do multiple protocols now...
I guess I could include more than just a URL. Everybuddy is also GPL'd, supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, IRC, has some graphical smileys, and supports limited file-transferring (see the features page for full explanation of "limited").

www.everybuddy.com