On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Alex Brelsfoard wrote:

I've been trying to get CGI::SSI to work, but, near as I can tell, it's not understanding the set commands or the if/else commands in SSI. Do you guys have any suggestions on this one? I KNOW there has to be a way....

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but have you considered the possibility of re-writing this in a proper template language rather than trying to meld CGI and SSI?

You're trying to do something reasonably sophisticated, and glueing together CGI & SSI seems like a messy way to do something that would
be dirt easy with HTML::Template, Template Toolkit, or Mason.

Are you really bound to this approach, or would an alternative be an option? I think in the long run you'll have a much easier time with this if you could go about the problem in a different way.