At Stardate 20030611.0116, Doyle Brunson wrote:

Seems to me Jeroen is responsible. He is the listowner, and he has been repeatedly sending multiple spam emails to around 100 people.

Significantly less than 100, actually...

These people have kindly asked him to stop the spamming, and he has refused. It is ironic that you talk about this being a "fresh" start when it seems Jeroen has dragged his problems from the original Brin-L list to this one.

No, problems between me and That Other List were dragged here by people like David Hobby and Erik Reuter, who deemed it necessary to bring it up despite repeated requests to limit the use of this list to only its intended purposes. If anyone has problems with how I deal with That Other List, they can discuss it on That Other List or in private e-mails to me directly.

Now, once again, please limit your use of this list to only its intended purposes: the discussion of science fiction in general and the works of David Brin in particular. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Jeroen van Baardwijk