> >Seems to me Jeroen is responsible. He is the listowner, and he has been
> >repeatedly sending multiple spam emails to around 100 people.
>
> Significantly less than 100, actually...

        Then how did I make the cut?  I mostly LURK on the other
list.  PLEASE remove me from your spam-list.

> No, problems between me and That Other List were dragged here by people
> like David Hobby and Erik Reuter, who deemed it necessary to bring it up
> despite repeated requests to limit the use of this list to only its
> intended purposes. If anyone has problems with how I deal with That Other
> List, they can discuss it on That Other List or in private e-mails to me
> directly.

        The analogy that comes to mind is somewhat like this.  Your
dog came and cr*pped in another's yard (list).  I imagine that
most people who see someone's dog do this are tempted to pick the
results up with a shovel and throw it in the owner's yard (list).
But then guests in the owner's yard are the ones who step in it--
sorry!
        Then your last sentence is analogous to: "If you don't
like what my dog left in your yard, too bad.  Please don't bring
it into my yard, I'm trying to keep it clean.  Or if you
want, you can come put it in my garbage can (personal killfile)."
Now how does that sound?

> Now, once again, please limit your use of this list to only its intended
> purposes: the discussion of science fiction in general and the works of
> David Brin in particular. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
>
> Jeroen van Baardwijk

        Yeah, David Brin.  I read his book, _The Transparent
Society_.  As far as I can tell, his response to this mess would
be that those who didn't like Jeroen's behavior should set up
a site with evidence to back up their side of things.  (And all
link to it, so it comes up in Google, I guess.)  The problem
with this seems to be that no one cares enough to do so.  Brin
uses the analogy of lymphocytes, saying that there would be
someone who would care enough to target this particular issue.
But somehow I doubt it...  I guess this is like the real immune
system, though.  The whole issue was a minor inflammation, not
enough to trigger an immune response.

                                        ---David

[Sponsored by:]
The newest lyrics on the Net!