> From: Jim Sharkey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Just a general question for the Fool, after hours of reading the
volumes of discussion here:

> Posts you've made in the past suggest you have an almost rabid love for
Free Speech.  Doesn't your position on religion, et. al. strike you as
even a little hypocritical?  Or is it that free speech and being able to
decide for oneself only applies to the things you agree with?

A. Most religions try to restrict free speech.
B. Most religions have various forms of 'thought crimes', Sins which are
against free speech.
C. I am not preventing anyone from enslaving their mind to idiocy,
Religion.
D. Religion is not just another bad idea, it's a bad paradigm, a bad way
of thinking, a bad way of life, a bad waste of time/money/effort/thought,
a bad way to solve problems, a bad way to understand
life/science/math/the universe, etc.
E. I think religion is dangerous and irrational.
F. I think forcing a way of life/thinking on someone else is wrong.
(That slavery meme again).
G. Fermats last theorem wasn't solved by faith.