The Fool quoted a bunch of biblical quotes to show how the Bible endorses slavery and the divine right of kings.

My reply:

This is why a literal interpretation of the Bible is problematic at best. For each of these passages, there are other passages that can be quoted that contradict them (I don't have the time or patience to do a search right now, but I may have time sometime next week). The Bible is great as a historical document. The Bible is also great as a philosophical treatise. It even includes a little history among all the parable and allegory. But it should not be taken as literal truth or literal direction.

Reggie Bautista
The above paragraph is IMHO, YMMV, as usual.