Julia Thompson wrote:

> Sonja van Baardwijk-Holten wrote:
> >
> > Julia Thompson wrote:

>requests
> > >
> > > Did this happen since the list was moved onto Nick's mccmedia.com
> > > server?
> >
> > Is that important? :o) I mean the mess already started before we moved and only got
> > worse after a short lull as far as I can tell, after we moved.
>
> What happened in reaction to various things when the list was at Cornell
> and what happens in reaction to various things when the list is on the
> mccmedia.com server may differ.  So yes, that's important if you're
> wanting to discuss treatment of various people *now* as opposed to
> treatment of various people in July and August -- it may not be apples
> and oranges, but cortlands and jonagolds.

Then maybe there should be a clearcut distinction between the policies then and now
and it
should be made clear that there is that distinction. Be honest and say it as it is. I
mean
you can't make it to everybodies taste but at least things are clearcut that way and
can
be enforced without much bravado. And speaking for myself I would find it nice to know
what the policy is.

There seems to be a choice between being a policeman or not being a policeman, but to
me
it seems to be impossible to be something in between and get away with it without
inevitably someone feeling hurt. f.i. I did like DB's approach in pointing out the
faults
in the way of argumantation between JDG en Jeroen in part of their dispute. But that is
being a policeman and it forced DB to react to both sides in equal ways without being
able
to take an argumentative part himself. Question is do you really want that?

Sonja