At 11:31 06-12-2002 -0500, Jon Gabriel wrote:

I'm disturbed by his being blocked at chello.nl, but I'm more disturbed that the list server was attacked from that isp.
The nature and extent of this "attack" is being grossly exaggerated. Arnett immediately assumed the worst, but the truth is that the alleged "hacking" was very limited. In fact, I doubt it even qualifies as "hacking". All I did was go to the page where we all can go to log in and change our subscription settings; there I made a few attempts to login using the e-mail addresses of the list censors, and take a few guesses at the corresponding passwords. That is all.

That is more than enough...

Brad DeLong