John Horn wrote:
Why is everyone positive that there will be an "Extended Edition DVD" for
_The Two Towers_? Has Peter Jackson said for a fact that there will be one?
For some reason, I thought that the FOTR one was the exception not the rule.
But I'm not sure where I got that idea...
I read an interview recently with Elijah Wood in which is talks about a scene between Frodo and Sam that is going to be longer on the extended DVD for _The Two Towers_. So at least as EW understood it at the time, there was a plan at the time in place for an extended edition.

This being Hollywood, *anything* is subject to change, but considering the amount of money to be made from an extended edition, there probably will be one.

I had heard at some point early last summer that the plan for _Fellowship of the Ring_ was that none of the extra's in the regular DVD release would be in the extended version, and vice versa. So the only way to get *all* the extra "special feature" stuff is to buy both versions of the DVD. (I'm not sure if they actually went through that, as I only have the extended DVD.) I know at least a couple of people who are planning to buy both, but were waiting to see if they would receive either as Christmas presents.

Reggie Bautista

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf