That's not the issue at hand -- this is about people who would like to
attach explicit restrictions to their messages on the list.  I don't have
any problem with such restrictions, but I don't think they belong on the
list.

> Brad posts links to his web site, as does Dr Brin, whenever they post
> stuff like that.
> Can't we just say that any such disclaimers will be ignored?

Seems a bit sticky to define "such disclaimers," and I'm not sure that a
blanket "ignore" as a list policy holds much water.

> To take it to the other extreme - can we have a filter on the mailer
> daemon that holds all posts containing the word copyright for moderation?

Yes, we could.  Interesting notion.  But it calls for clear criteria about
what would be allowed by the moderators.

> Maybe it would be best just to ignore messages which contain the
> disclaimers, as Erik suggested, even though it requires a level of
> co-operation not often seen.

Yesssss.

Nick