Jon Gabriel wrote:

> Are Blue Laws still active in New England?  I remember that most stores &
> gas stations were closed on Sunday in New Hampshire when I was little.

When I was last in New Hampshire (1998), businesses would be open on Sunday,
but might open later in the day than they would on Saturday.  They also
tended to close earlier.  Normal hours might be 9-9, and on Sunday they'd be
10-6, frex.

In the mid-1980s, I can remember my parents getting gas on the way home from
church on a regular basis, as well.

I think that around 1985, the blue laws were stricter in Massachusetts than
in NH, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

        Julia