----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: Incest

> I still don't think you understood what I wrote. Would you care to tell
> me specifically where you think I wrote "ignorantly"?

Certainly:

It is

"The exact age of consent for different activities
and different cultures and different people varies quite a bit. Best
possible world -- a determination would be made on a case-by-case
basis whether a "child" was able to consent to certain activities
based on the child's development and the activity. But we aren't that
sophisticated yet, so in America we just choose 18 for sex and that's
it."

I took it as stating that incestual activities are the same as activities
with a peer.  For example, a 14 year old boy who convinces a 14 year old
girl to let him get to third base is not strongly correlated with long term
psychological damage.  A favorite uncle who talks his niece into the same
activity does cause damage.

FWIW, it wasn't really emotion that guided the brevity of my original post.
It was partially an experiment in how you treated posts that are similar to
your response to others. I was guessing that the effects of incest is not a
subject that you are overly familiar with.

Dan M.