Ticia wrote:

> Deborah Harrell wrote:
> > --- Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > <snippage>
> >
> >>I *have* been prepared to kick a dog in the throat
> >>once or twice, but it's
> >>never come to that.  The worst I ever had to deal
> >>with that didn't also
> >>involve a dog of my own, I managed to psych the dogs
> >>out (but was prepared
> >>to kick one in the throat and let Dan deal with the
> >>other).
> >>Ever make 2 Dobermans turn tail and run?  >:)
> >
> >  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > "Bow *down* before the Queen, her Supremeness Alpha
> > B..."   ;}
> >
> > Only one Rottweiler, myself.
> >
> > It's Good To Be The Queen Maru  :)
>
> One Rottweiler, but I was scared s...less inside, and sure he'd notice/
> smell it, and inches from a safe gate to hide behind.
>
> How did you manage it, oh Queen B...?  :)

The dobermans ran out of their yard, across the street and started
following us down the sidewalk, barking.  It got to where I felt the heat
& pressure of each *breath* of one of them on the backs of my legs.  I was
a little concerned that they might try to follow us into the house, and
*that* would have been bad.

I mentally steeled myself, telling myself, "I'm taller, which they're
going to respect, and I'm smarter, and dammit, I AM NOT SCARED.  At worst,
I'm CRAZY.  And I'm ANGRY."  So I drew up the anger and quashed the fear.

And whipped around, and started barking back.  They shut up in surprise,
backed up a step, backed up another step, and turned around and ran back
to their owner, who'd run out trying to catch them.

This was when we were visiting Dan's parents, sometime before we were
married; I think maybe his father had a word with the owner later.  (Or
maybe the guy learned from the incident that he should *not* be trying to
play with them in the unfenced *front* yard at that time.)

This wasn't the first incident with those dogs; Dan had been walking his
dog one day (over Christmas break?  I think my incident was Spring Break),
the dogs had torn out of their yard, across the street, and the owner had
yelled at Dan to pick up his dog, or his would hurt her.  Dan wasn't
terribly happy about *that*, there being leash laws and all in that city.

Dunno what happened in the long run with them.  Never heard of another
doberman incident from his parents or brother, and his brother is still
living in that house (having bought it from the parents when Dan's father
got a job offer in the Phoenix area and took it).

        Julia