At 12:01 PM 6/25/03 -0700, Deborah Harrell wrote:
--- Reggie Bautista <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>

> On the other hand... I have a tee shirt that has a
> picture of Stonehenge and
> says, "Orthodox Druid" on it.  I like the shirt
> because it's a joke -- there
> is no such thing as orthodoxy among druids.
> Orthodox druid is as much an
> oxymoron as military intelligence or Microsoft
Works.

<grin>
I gave a similar shirt to a friend: Stonehenge with
rays of light coming through, "Born-Again Pagan."
He'd snapped off a letter to his homeowners assoc.
when they told him he needed to remove all Christmas
decorations from the house by Jan 12 (IIRC); it read
along the lines of "I cannot believe you are such
religious bigots; we are druids, and we must garland
our abode with greenery until the spring equinox...The
deer represent perseverence through the dark days

That's why the Christmas lights are still up around the edge of the roof.

Though I'm not like the people who used to live across the street: one year they kept theirs burning until the last bulb finally burned out, sometime in May IIRC . . .

...I
am truly sorry to live in such an intolerant world of
misunderstanding..." etc, etc.

He got an apology letter back. ;}

Of course now they have to leave up their evergreen
swags until equinox every year...  ;D

Of course, that might cause a bit of a problem if the president of the homeowners association looked out one Sunday morning and saw the entire family dressed up and driving to the local Baptist church (or whatever).

> While wearing this
> shirt, I've been approached by Fundamentalists who
> want to talk to me about
> their religious beliefs.

If I have the time (not necessarily a common occurrence), I'll say, "Sure!" However, as someone once said:

"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."

> None of them want to
> believe me when I tell them
> it's a joke, and they try to tell me that even
> joking about this can make me go to hell.

From time to time I write some religious humor. Yesterday, while discussing a piece on-line with some fellow writers, I pointed out that if you count the circuitry for that purpose in the UPS, this computer is connected to the outside world through three levels of surge protection in series, therefore at least any power surges due to lightning should be well-isolated . . .

When they ask if you're saved, try answering
cheerfully, "Damned if I'm not!"   :)

Heretic Lutheran Deist Maru

I think I've gotten some spam advertising a pill to treat that.

-- Ronn! :)

God bless America,
Land that I love!
Stand beside her, and guide her