Dan Minette wrote:

One of the conclusions he accepted was the difficult position someone with his philosophy has with the foundation of ethics. It was one of his greatest regrets in life that there was no logical/calculus foundation for ethics. It was clear, by the nature of his statements, that he accepted that ethics have no firm foundation in his worldview.

Indeed, he volunteered this when he was asked about regrets.  There's an
atheist with his eyes open.  I respectfully differ with his position, but
he certainly has strong integrity.

Let me ask you this, Dan. If morals/ethics are purely a matter of faith, and the "rules" as set forth by a god, why aren't they constant? Why are slavery, human sacrifice, infanticide, child labor, the subjugation of women etc. etc. ethical in the past, but unethical now? We are discussing gay marriage in another thread. Is it unethical in your opinion?

I see our morals evolving before our very eyes, don't you?

Doug