In a message dated 7/18/2003 3:28:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Perhaps Bob should post a rant where he whines about how the
> conservatives on the list are intolerant of liberals.
>
>I have not the time or energy to answer Gautam rant. I will. In a preview, I dare him
>to find one credible central left or even center writer or politician who made the
>claims that Gautam attributes to "my side". Certainly not the great satan the NYT.
>The editorial position was luke warm and cautious in support. Some of their writers
>like Friedman and Keller supported the war. But I will deal with that when I have a
>bit more energy. I would like to state for the record that I am not much of a liberal
>anymore. Just ask my wife. I voted for Guiliani and Dole. I think government has
>limited ability to solve social problems. I believe strongly in personal
>responsibility. But it does seem that anyone who disagrees with the conservative line
>is instantly branded as a liberal. I frankly find it offensive to find that crtiicsm
>of this administration is taken as lack of patriotism. This is the new definition of
>Chutzpah (old definition - Man who has murdered his parents asks the court for mercy
>because he is an orphan). New definition. Government enters war without being
>attacked based on claim that the opponent has WMD. Information comes to light that
>these claims are false. Those who point this out are criticized for not supporting
>the war whose rationale may be false and worse possibily a lie.

This actually a JDG style arguement. The things that conservatives and replubicans do
are right and moral because republicans are right and moral which of course means that
anything they do is right and moral. Democrats and liberals know that republicans are
right and moral and therefore when they disagree they are wrong and immoral and only
acting to cynically gain political gain. With regard to this issue. You are right. the
dems and liberals are playing politics. Now I would submit that a president who lands
on an aircraft carrier and is posed at Mount Rushmore to make it look like one of the
sculptures and raises 200,000,000 for his presidential campaign is in fact acting like
a politician and that in our system that requires that his political opponent due
likewise.

Well have I whined enough?