On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 05:03:07PM -0500, Dan Minette wrote:

> Ronn's closer to right on this than you are.

Dan, you and Ronn are both straying from the topic that we were
discussing, and neither of you have addressed the question that
was asked.  Additionally, Ronn made an incorrect statement about
conductivity, which I corrected.

> There is no arguing that heat capacity has something to do with this
> phenomenon, but I see Ronn's statement relating to the long term lack
> of thermal equilibrium.  For example, we can have the air temperature
> falling below 0F, while the frost line in the ground is very shallow
>
> So, since the essence of the condition he was describing is the long
> time it takes to reach thermal equilibrium; the best single thing to
> cite is the poor conductivity.

This is a really silly argument, Dan. The BEST single thing to cite is
something directly relevant to the question which was being discussed,
which neither you nor Ronn did. Please try to focus on the topic. As far
as the tangent that Ronn went down, the best single thing to cite is
Laplace's (or Poisson's) equation, which I did even before he went down
the tangent.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/