----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Minette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 4:18 PM
Subject: I'm back

> Well, I've not been posting for a while because I've been overwhelmed
with

> 1) Planning my parents' funerals

>From the response I've gotten on and off list, I've clearly miscommunicated
what happened.  My parents are still alive, but my dad is in a nursing
home. Since nursing homes run through an elderly couple's money very
quickly, my mom needed to set up both my dad's funeral and hers very
quickly.

Only, it was very hard for her to do.  So got an email with casket costs,
flew and drove from Houston TX to Duluth MN, met my sister, and went to the
mortuary and graveyard to pick out caskets, gravesites, etc.  We also sat
down with my mom about how she wanted her and my dad's funerals done.  This
is what I meant by planning two funerals.

That was not as hard as I thought it would be.  My sister's a geriatric
nurse, so she and the mortician cracked jokes throughout; with me chiming
in as best I could.

What was hard was seeing my dad.  He still knows me, which is good, but he
didn't recognize the two grandsons who came with my sister and I to visit
him.  He isn't aware he's a grandparent.

Thanks to everyone who wrote kind words for me.  I feel bad about not being
clear, but thank you for thinking of me.

Dan M.