Erik Reuter wrote:
http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=1957167

A dead end for the Democrats
Jul 31st 2003
From The Economist print edition

George Bush's opponents are attacking him from the wrong side

First, America had several excellent motives for removing Saddam
Hussein -- and WMD was only one of them.

I agree with the gist of the article, but what he doesn't seem to realize is that if it wasn't for the WMD hype, Bush never would have had enough support for the war no matter how many other good reasons there were. That _is_ an issue for me, and I think it will become an issue for more and more people as the casualties and costs of the occupation mount.

Doug