Erik Reuter wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 07:41:01PM -0500, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
>
> > I agree.  OTOH, if you are an 80-year-old woman with arthritis who has
> > to shuffle around with a walker, you probably don't have the dexterity
> > or strength to use a throwing knife, sword, or quarterstaff,
>
> Probably cannot hold a gun steady and pull the trigger, either. And
> if she has a walker, where will she put the gun while she "shuffles"
> around?

Most people using walkers for the long term put some kind of bag or
basket on the front, I think.  (Been quite awhile since I hung around a
nursing home regularly, though -- but IIRC, Dan's uncle has a bag or
something on his walker to hold a few things, including whatever glasses
he may need.)  A small gun would fit quite nicely in some of the bags
I've seen attached to walkers.

        Julia