----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: [L3] RE: religious/political question

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:56:30AM +0530, ritu wrote:
>
> > Not that phenomenal...hmm, how about this: 'In the aftermath of 9/11,
> > a large number of Indian muslims spoke out against the atrocity. In
> > fact, only a few of the 120 million Indian muslims spoke in favour of
> > OBL and they were condemned/criticised/stoned for doing so.'
> >
> > Is that better? :)
>
> A little. But I don't put a high value on such anecdotal evidence. A
> poll of at least 1000 of those people (randomly selected across a
> diverse range of backgrounds) asking how favorably they view OBL would
> be more convincing.

It may also be worthwhile to know what the nature of these Indian Muslims
who spoke out was.  If they were people who Ritu happened to know, it would
be as anecdotal as Erik suggested.  But, if one could list important
Islamic teachers and leaders in India and point out that they have
consistently spoke out against the actions of OBL, then it would be in line
with what Gautam asked for.

Dan M.