In a message dated 12/21/2003 6:29:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I have done some estimates on this. From data from GURPS Uplift and
>  from Contacting Aliens, I estimate:
>
>  * about 2 million populated planets at each time
>  * about 10 planets per race
>  * about 200,000 races
>
>  Most of those species would be doing "nothing", except about
>  * 10% being uplifted
>  * 10% in the 100,000-year period of indenture
>  * 10% uplifting a pre-sentient race
>  * 10% being served by an indentured client
>
>  Alberto Monteiro

If Earth had ten leased worlds, everyone else, who is older, more important,
and more civilized, should have more planets. If they are playing the
Uplift-is-political-power game.

For no reason other than comic tribute, I gave the Hoon 42 planets. It's
probably less. I don't think our good Dr. has run the numbers. It hasn't yet come
up in a needed plot situation.

...42 planets and soon they are all going to be sending vacationers to
Alvin's bay.

William Taylor